It is a standardized European approach created to monitor social standards and performance in producer or supplier countries. It was established in 2003 by the Foreign Trade Association in order to improve the working conditions of companies in the global supplier chain and to adapt. In addition to local laws, it is based on some other important international regulations such as the labor standards of the International Labor Organization and the United Nations Convention on Human Rights. This initiative aims to continuously increase the social performance of suppliers and to improve working conditions in factories around the world.
The BSCI scope studies that were created were completed in 2004 and the system has since been implemented worldwide. In 2011, sustainability was included within the scope of BSCI, which achieved a very rapid growth, and a stronger organizational structure was adopted. BSCI audit shows the commitment of all suppliers and designated subcontractors to the work ethic and quality system of the head office. In the BSCI audit, companies can access the audit results by checking the BSCI database. BSCI suppliers aim to improve their ethical audit procedures and quality system after completing their audits. Supplier rules can be applied to companies of all sizes, with any product. Since BSCI requires social responsibility as well as business and social compliance rules, it directly affects the purchasing decisions of brands.
What are the BSCI Standard Scope?
Legal compliance, Working hours, Job Compensation, Prevention of child labor, Prevention of forced employment, Union freedom, Prevention of discrimination, Worker health and safety, Management standards, Environmental security policy.
What are the Benefits of the BSCI Certificate?
Enterprises participating in the BSCI system;
• Uses an effective and well-established system to improve working conditions in the supply chain.
• They have access to comprehensive audit tools available in a wide variety of languages ??to ensure consistent monitoring of the supply chain.
• They can get high quality audit services by accessing the BSCI approved international network of audit companies.
• They can access the supplier database where the audit data is kept together, thus they can save time and money by avoiding multiple inspections in the same workplace.
• Provides the opportunity to share and further develop best practices in the field of social compliance.
• It provides the opportunity to participate directly in the development of the BSCI system.
• Have regular information about news and events in the field of social compliance.
“The goal of the BSCI document is to encourage the continuous improvement of the social performance of enterprises in the supply chain. In this way, it supports sustainable working conditions worldwide. As EKOL certification body, we are with you in the BSCI Audit process. You can contact us for detailed information. "