GVP CERTIFICATE (GOOD VETERINARY PRACTICES)
Veterinarians; Although it plays an important role in animal welfare, animal health, public health and environmental protection, it serves in a wide range of fields. They work not only for animal health and welfare, but undoubtedly for human health and the protection of the environment. Therefore, in time, it was necessary to prepare a standard that determines the characteristics of a good veterinarian and the criteria of veterinary studies. The articles of this standard have been created in a way to cover all institutions providing veterinary services regardless of their field of activity.
Good Veterinary Practice Scope
Veterinarians play an important role in the protection of animal health, public and environmental health and serve in a wide range of areas. Good Veterinary Practices provide a basis for organizations that want to carry out their work within the framework of a quality management system. Therefore, we can say that the foundation of Good Veterinary Practices is the ISO 9001 standard.
Quality management issues to be followed in a veterinary organization within the scope of Good Veterinary Practices are listed as follows:
* General requirements; Determining organizational processes, creating process steps, and introducing the necessary methods for operating and controlling the processes
* Documentation requirements
* Management responsibility
* The management unit should establish, plan and document the quality policy.
* Customer focus should be taken as a basis.
* Internal communication policy should be applied.
* The duties and responsibilities of the management and each employee in the institution should be clearly explained.
* The extent of compliance with these rules within the organization should be constantly monitored and evaluated.
* An effective human resources management strategy should be established.
* Realization of services
* In the organization, processes should be defined, continuous communication with customers and studies should be followed with documents.
* The issue of customer records, case registration procedures, medical products and consumables should be managed continuously.
* Measurement and research equipment for organization processes should be checked.
* The organization should periodically evaluate and analyze the processes it has created regarding the services it provides and the data obtained from these processes.
* Measurement, analysis and improvement
* The veterinary organization should evaluate the effectiveness of its services within the framework of Good Veterinary Practices and fix the deficiencies.
* The quality management system should be improved continuously.
In this context, public or private sector organizations that declare their integration into Good Veterinary Practices system are expected to comply with these articles. Organizations that cannot fulfill the necessary conditions due to the characteristics of the establishment and the area they serve should be excluded from these rules. At this point, it is worth noting that Good Veterinary Practices work on a voluntary basis. For this reason, it is recommended that the organizations out of the scope put into use as many of the items in the standard as they can apply.
“As EKOL Certification Body, we provide services in the process of GVP (Good Veterinary Practices) Certificate. You can contact us for detailed information. "