ISO 14001 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM CERTIFICATE
The management system developed to systematically reduce and, if possible, eliminate the damages that businesses cause or may give to the environment, is called the Environmental Management System. The standard in which a set of conditions are determined that standardizes this system is called the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standard. ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standards were published in 1996 by ISO, following the Rio Summit, which were established by countries sensitive to environmental pollution in 1993. The importance attached to ISO 14001 certification, whose purpose is to reduce waste, protect the environment and ensure efficient use of resources in the production of goods and services, is increasing in terms of sustainable development and sustainable trade. ISO 14001 is not a product standard, but a service (management) standard. It is not concerned with what is produced, but with how products are produced. The relations of businesses with the environment in the production process are discussed.
The first of the environmental management system standards, which is one of the integrated management systems, is the BS 7750 Environmental Management System standard prepared by the United Kingdom´s National Standards Institute in 1992. Following this, the Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS: Eco-Management And Audit Scheme) was created by the European Union. Finally, in 1996, ISO 14001 standard, which is the most accepted environmental management system standard in the world, was created and announced by ISO within the framework of international cooperation. ISO 14001 Environmental Management System is a management model established on the basis of risk analysis, which aims to reduce the use of natural resources and to minimize the damage to the soil, water and air.
Benefits of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
* Environmental pollution decreases gradually. Public health is protected. The factors that disrupt the balance of the ecosystem by damaging living things (plants and animals) are minimized.
* Costs arising from environmental effects are reduced.
* It is acted in accordance with the sensitivities and expectations of consumers and citizens about the environment. In this way, it increases the chance of winning by reaching conscious consumers.
* The organization has the image of an environmentally friendly company. Its prestige among consumers and society rises.
* It makes the establishment strong in both national and international competition and makes it the preferred company in its sector.
* When the requirements of the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standard are met, the obligations arising from the legislation are met to a large extent.
* It protects business activities from possible sanctions and legal problems by adapting them to national and international standards and legislation.
* Environmental effects that may occur in emergency situations are eliminated or minimized.
* Increases environmental awareness in business employees. Employees´ dependence on the organization increases because they work in an enterprise that protects and does not harm the environment.
* Savings are achieved by using energy, water and similar resources effectively.
Principles of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standard
* Undertaking Obligation and Policy: The enterprise should determine its environmental policy and make a commitment to the standards of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
* Planning: The business should determine the environmental dimensions of its activities, products and services; It should determine targets in order to realize its commitments and program the activities it will perform in order to reach the targets.
* Application and Process: The enterprise should improve its capabilities and support mechanism in order to perform an effective implementation in order to realize its environmental policy and achieve its goals.
* Control and Corrective Action: The enterprise should measure and evaluate its environmental actions and the degree of success in the activities.
* Review and Improvement: The business should review and improve the environmental management system it has established in order to improve its general environmental activities and the degree of success in the activities.
ISO 14001: 2015 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM CONSULTANCY
It is now accepted all over the world that the resources of our world, which is getting smaller every day, are not infinite, the environmental effects of products and activities are not local and regional, but global. This awareness brought along the need to control environmental impacts with market forces rather than legal practices. In addition to meeting the expectations and needs of today´s consumers at the highest level, they demand that the environment and the world they live in are valued and respected and questions this in the market. These developments revealed the fact that there is a need for management systems that will enable businesses to keep their interactions with the environment under control and to continuously improve their environment, activities and achievements.
As EKOL Certification Body, we will benefit from ISO 14001 Environmental Management System service;
* Analysis of Current Situation
* Determining the legal conditions with the requesting company
* Giving ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Training
* Preparation of documents required by the standard
* Creating system documentation
* System implementation
* Internal Audit training and application
* Listed as applying for ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Certificate.
"As EKOL Certification Body, you can contact us to benefit from our service and have detailed information."