Sustainable fishing, which is one of the most important issues covered by the MSC Certificate, is to ensure that enough fish remain in the ocean, respect habitats and support people who are dependent on fishing. MSC (Marine Stewardship Council | Marine Stewardship Council) is an internationally operating non-profit organization. Aiming to protect the oceans and future marine products, the organization documents the work of businesses operating in this field. The sustainability of a fishing activity can be evaluated regardless of its size, geography or fishing method used. The standards developed by MSC consist of scientifically based methods used to measure sustainability. Between pure and wild hunting and pure aquaculture, there is a wide range of fishing that accommodates human intervention.
MSC advanced fishing is available in three classes;
Catch and Grow Fishing: It is also known as catch-based aquaculture. For example, rope-grown mussels. The importance of pure farming was understood with the introduction of wild catching fish.
Hatch and Catch Fishing: It is also known as culture-based fishing. In this fishing, fishermen introduce eggs, larvae or young fish from the hatchery and then catch them in the wild when they mature.
Habitat Modified Fishing: To be suitable, it needs to be around advanced fishing principles.
MSC Certificate Process
Fishermen use links to meet standards, for their sustainability and accessibility every fisherman should have detailed information on MSC environmental standards. With their inspection, the whole fishery progresses and they keep their information about the duration of their certificates by regular emails. The MSC standard is a fisheries standard that is a special accreditation standard. Businesses that carry out all kinds of activities related to fishing can certify their work by obtaining MSC certificate.
The main purpose of giving MSC certificate to enterprises is to support sustainable fishing activities. MSC has separate standards for each seafood. The purpose of the MSC standard is to evaluate that the fishery and the farm take place in an environment suitable for human consumption while producing, without harming the ecological balance, and that they protect the social rights of the employees while performing them.
Three main criteria are taken into account when issuing an MSC certificate:
* Sustainable fish stocks: Fisheries should be able to continue indefinitely and should be at a level that ensures the fish population to remain productive and healthy.
* Minimizing environmental impact: Fishing activities should be carefully managed to keep other species and habitats in the ecosystem healthy.
* Effective fisheries management: Businesses holding MSC Certificate must comply with the relevant laws and be able to adapt to changing environmental conditions.
The benefits of MSC certification are the benefits of MSC fisheries standard certification to ensure the long-term sustainability of seafood and to breed the efforts of the fisheries. It will help secure future business and fisheries-based economies by ensuring that fishing activities are sustainable. It also advances reputations and secures new job opportunities.
There are many reasons to certify fishing activities and work with MSC in this process:
* The oceans need to be systematically protected.
Marine ecosystems are under enormous pressure for many reasons.
* MSC offers a sustainable solution for ocean and fishing activities.
* All activities of MSC are based on a scientific basis.
* MSC certified products are always in more demand in the market.
* With every product or process certified by MSC, people help protect the ecosystem.
* MSC has options for every budget.
* Certification processes create an incentive for fishermen, retailers and restaurants to produce and sell certified sustainable seafood.
* It is possible to find a solution for all kinds of seafood in MSC.
The stages of the MSC fishing document are at the bottom;
* Observability of fish stock
* Preserving the environmental ecological system
* It includes stages such as ensuring fisheries management network efficiency.
In order for a marine product to have the MSC label certificate, it is necessary to define the MSC certification review first. In addition, the crop supply ring must be defined and all organizations in the supply ring must be subject to MSC certification. In terms of MSC certification process and scope, the MSC certificate is valid for 5 years. During this 5-year period, an inspection is performed at least once a year.
MSC Sustainable Fisheries Principles
Sustainable fishing principles of the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC);
* Maintenance of marine influences around well-managed responsible fishing
* A standard that ensures the harvest of well managed responsible fishing.
Recognition of this standard in the certification market shows commitment to sustainable practices and results. In order to have an MSC certificate, the principles of this standard must be followed. It is one of the best practices for preserving fish reserves in the world. It offers a good way to sustainable fishing with independent part 3 review with MSC environmental standard.
“As EKOL Certification Firm, we are pleased to support you in our MSC Certificate Service process. You can contact us for detailed information. "